A hollow design consisting of a fiberglass shell filled with epoxy foam makes for a very light and strong construction. Although fiberglass isn’t as strong or stiff as carbon fiber, it still offers a strength to weight ratio better than any metal. Using advanced and innovative production methods, we have enclosed the subwing with multiple layers of fiberglass resulting in a both strong and light Subwing. All metal components are made of polished stainless steel to prevent corrosion and to provide a durable and low maintenance product.
The Subwing Fiberglass is designed with a streamlined teardrop profile so the water flows with minimal disruption and turbulence over the wing surface, resulting in great underwater characteristics. The Subwing Fiberglass and Subwing Carbon share the same wing design.
The Subwing Fiberglass is painted in a white pearlescent lacquer which gives depth-effect to the surface. The minimalistic black turtle design stands in great contrast to the white surface, providing a stunning final look.
The Subwing Fiberglass offers great stability and delivers great power in each movement of the wings. The characteristics are very similar to the Subwing Carbon, but may feel a bit heavier to maneuver. As the Subwing Fiberglass has a larger surface area than the Honeycomb version, deeper dives is more easily achieved.
Note: NEVER use any type of compressed air when diving with the SUBWING. Always read the User and Safety Manual before use.
- Can be folded to half its size by detaching the center swivel.
- Made of Fiberglass using advanced molding techniques.
- Hollow construction with an epoxy foam core.
- Streamlined design.
SUBWING consists of the following parts:
- Two wings with rubber pad grips.
- One detachable center swivel.
- One attached rear rope grip.
- Ropes attached to the wings. (You still need a tow rope)
- Weight: 3,0kg (6.6lb)
- Width: - Assembled Subwing: 120cm (47.3in)
- Height: 32cm (12.9)
- Thickest point: 3,7cm (1.5)
- Each wing: 57cm (22.5)
Subwing box specs
- Box: 70cm x 36cm x 9cm (27.6in x 14.2in x 3.5in)
- Weight: 4kg (8.8)